7.6.12



“One night he was so drunk that I had to drag him away from the pub and bring him in a park to vomit. When he finished, he was upset and we sat on a bench. Still drunk and hesitant, he pointed his finger at a star straight above our heads and he said:
“That is the star my mother dedicated to me and it has always been mine. But from now on it will be yours too, if you want. Its name is Mary Julia and everytime you will look at it in any situation, any moment you will know that I’m there near to you laughing about how queer you are. I will always be there, I promise, I will look at you from Mary Julia. And even the contrary because it’s our star, just ours, a star that belongs to two idiots that strum and that every night lie on a bench full of alcohol.”
I was flabbergasted, and together we started to laugh.Some years later I looked at that star and I cried for a whole night.
His laugh near me wasn’t enough to make me stop. But I realised that he kept his promise and it was beautiful.”

[Paul McCartney on John Lennon]
(via Bohemia)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário